Community and Connection Grants
The Maudsley Charity is pleased to announce a call for expressions of interest in this new scheme.
The purpose of these grants is that they should make a positive contribution to the livesof those people who experiencemental illness. The scheme will have a particular focus on funding projects working with and for people who are, or have been severely unwell and/or experience additional disadvantage.
Specifically, proposals must relate to one of the following:
- supporting people through transitions into, out of or between services
- promoting positive engagement (or re-engagement) with statutory and non-statutory services or with informal networks in order to support people to maintain or improve their mental and/or physical health
Projects must primarily benefit people within the boroughs served by South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust (SLaM).
Applications will be open to SLaM and Voluntary and Community Sector (VCS) organisations working in the local area. We encourage projects that include an element of cooperative or partnership working between VCS and NHS services.
The maximum amount available for each project will not exceed £25,000.
The duration of projects will normally be under two years.
Please email the Head of Grants, firstname.lastname@example.org, with a brief paragraph outlining your project idea, details of thegroup you will be working with and supporting,and the outcomes the projectis intended to achieve as soon as possible, but no later than 18 April. We will then explore your idea with you, and if your proposal meets our criteria, in the week beginning 22 April we will invite you to submit a full application, to be received by 22 May.
All applications will be made online. If you are invited to apply we will provide an opportunity for you to be guided through our grants management system by a member of our team.
Before you contact us with your project outline, please ensure that you can satisfy the following conditions:
- You work for SLaM or a VCS organisation currently active in south London
- Your proposal will benefit people who face serious mental health difficulties and/or multiple disadvantage
- The proposed activity will take place in one or more of the boroughs covered by SLaM services
- The proposed project addresses issues relating to transition to, from or between statutory services, and/or engagement with services or informal networks of support
- Your request is for less than £25,000.
- The project duration is not more than two years.
- The project will actively involve people with lived experience in its design and/or its delivery
- If you are from a VCS organisation, there is an element of partnership or collaborative working with SLaM or that you have the endorsement of SLaM clinical teams for your work.
In our 2018/19 grants round we were proud to fund the following projects