The Maudsley Charity are currently inviting applications to one grant: Epilepsy Research Grant.
Epilepsy Research Grant
The Maudsley Charity is pleased to announce a call for expressions of interest for this new Epilepsy Research Fund.
This grant, made possible by a generous legacy donation, in intended to support research in the field of Epilepsy.
The Charity is keen to allocate the fund as single bid. We welcome applications from teams and collaborations working in neurology and/or neuropsychiatry.
Criteria and requirements:
- Projects must demonstrate that they will, through research, advance understanding and evidence related to Epilepsy.
- Applications will be open to researchers with a primary base in any of the following: South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust (SLaM) the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience at KCL, King’s College Hospital (KCH) or some combination of these institutions.
- We are keen to support collaborations across neuroscience and mental health but will also be open to bids which do not reflect such collaboration.
- The maximum amount available for the project will not exceed £210,000.
- We will look favourably on studies which complement existing funding and infrastructures such as BRC (Biomedical Research Centre) and CLAHRC.
- If proposed research extends or overlaps with an existing study, applicants must demonstrate that the funding will substantially extend the potential impact of the research or extend the research into new and distinct areas.
- Animal studies will not be considered.
- Bids may include capital costs eg for relevant equipment or software. Submitted budgets must include required overhead costs.
- The project may run for no more than four years.
1. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with an indication that you would like to make an application by 2nd June 2019.
2. We will then invite you to submit a full application, to be received by 12th of July 2019. We will provide an opportunity for you to be guided through our grants management system by a member of our team.
3. A panel which will include Maudsley Charity trustees and independent expert reviewers will assess applications and identify a shortlist to be considered at a panel meeting during October 2019 (applicants will be required to attend).
4. The panel will make a recommendation to the board of the Maudsley Charity for agreement on 26th November 2019. The successful applicant may be required to attend this meeting.
5. Final decision will be shared in December 2019.
6. The Charity will then agree a payment and reporting schedule with the successful team. The first tranche of funding can be released from January 2020.
Community and Connection Grants
Applications for the Community and Connection Grants have now closed. Applications are currently being reviewed, and the results will be announced following our Board meeting in July. We will aim to contact you as quickly as possible to let you know the outcome of your application. If you have any questions in the meantime then please get in touch with email@example.com
In our 2018/19 grants round we were proud to fund the following projects